Friday 17 August 2012

My Son and is Born!

Hello everyone! my son was born on Thursday 9th August at 4.04am after a funny 4hr labour and delivery.

I woke up at after midnight with contractions that hurt andhad me bent over and pounding the wall! after 10mins and a few trips to the loo I realised that this must be it. I rang my midwife but she was off, I rung the other midwife the lovely Jess and made arrangements to go in.

I wanted a taxi, my partner looked at me like i,d changed into a alien and said no, the midwife's advice was a ambulance as once i,m in labour I progress rather fast..... so rung the ambulance and after 10mins taking down medical history and timing my contractions which were weirdly spaced and lasting for different lengths of time.

Well we got to the hospital and I was begging Jess for gas and air but I looked to be only 2-3cms dilated!!!!
I wanted to cry! So  walked around, crouching or leaning on my partner and rushing to the loo to throw up (first time ever that contractions made me hurl).

Then we got moved next door to the pool room i hoped i would deliver in!!! get in there!!!! lol.
It has a lovely beach mural with dolphins and seashells and twinkling leds that change colour over the birthing pool.

Next thing I know I start groaing and Jess says that they sound like pushin noises, so got the gas and air sharpish. I took a massive pull, then dashed to the toilet (read slow i,ve-jus-gotten-off-a-horse-lope) and hurled again.

Then it was show time, I crouched/leant onto a bean bag and with each push, took in some gas and air.After about 10 pushes and his foot getting a bit stuck, my 6lb 7oz son was passed through my legs and onto my chest,squalling.

It was love at first sight,holding this rather small person. His older sibling with the exception of my 12 year old who was 5lb 15oz and 5 weeks early were all weightier, 6lb 15oz and 7lb 6oz respectively.
I was actually shell shocked as I had given birth only 2 hours after I had arrived and had been in established labour and delivered in only 3-4hours.

I then got to have a bath in the birthing pool!!!! I was wondering how  could get it out of the hosital and transport it home! not that it would fit in my tiny bathroom.It was huge!


So thats what i have been up to. Have a beautiful day everyone! Peace xx Danielle

2 comments:

  1. Its so nice blog enriched with all the useful about the PTLLS Course.In face we all believe that you have no career unless you are a skilled person....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is good my friend, great posts, all the best and success in your future.

    ------------------------------
    cattle exports | livestock exports

    ReplyDelete